Cylinder Locks From Locksmith Point Of View
Benefits of a Cylinder Lock
Locks of this type are padlocked and mortise, so they can be installed on the door leaf or mounted in the door structure. However, the small size and weight of the product does not affect the strength of the door array.
Varieties and features of cylinder mechanisms of secrecy for locks
Locks of this design are divided into two categories: single-sided and double-sided. One-way mechanisms include those that are locked with a key on only one side. Usually this is the outside of the door, on the inside of the lock for this purpose a rotary knob is installed – a turntable.
In bilateral devices, keyholes are located on both sides of the mechanism and, accordingly, are unlocked and locked with a key from the outside and inside.
The degree of secrecy of the lock depends on its design, and increases with increasing number of pins or pins inside the mechanism. Depending on the number of pins located, the locks may have:
- The single-row pin mechanism is opened with a key with cutouts on one side.
- Double row – driven by a key with double-sided thread
- Three row. It already requires a special configuration key with a cross-shaped profile.
- For a four-row, a key of the same configuration is used, but with a greater degree of secrecy.
- Cylinder locks have a relatively low cost compared to other types of structures.
- Small dimensions and weight allow you to mount the device on any door without changing the structural strength.
- Products are produced with 6 degrees of secrecy, which complicates the possibility of penetration.
- Installation takes a little time, which depends on which option you have chosen the consignment note or mortise.
We offer quality products from reliable manufacturers at affordable prices. We will help each client to choose the best version of the lock according to the design and characteristics of the door and price category.
To replace old locks and grubs, contact our company, and the master will be with you within 40 minutes. Any type of locks is installed in the best possible time for all types of doors.